Lake View Studios are self-catering boutique-style studio-apartments situated in a beautiful, safe and secure gated community in the north-western suburbs of Nairobi. The Studios are beautifully-furnished, fully equipped and fully-serviced.
Lake View Studios are conveniently situated – near U.N. offices and major amenities and shopping malls; just 5 km from Westlands and Village Market, and only 10 km from downtown Nairobi. The Studios are ideal for visitors on short stays in Nairobi for leisure, business or other purpose.
Our different Lake View Studios are named after some of Kenya’s lakes, as are some of the main roads and streets of Lake View Estate – in recognition of the beauty and serenity of the residential neighbourhood where we are located.
What we collect
We collect the following information: Name; email address and other contact details.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to be able to follow up on your reservation and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for internal record keeping. We may use this information to contact you in the future to inform you of our Special Offers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Reservation, Confirmation, Cancellation and Guest Registration policies
Reservation and Confirmation
In the case where you are still finalizing your travel plans, but would still like to hold space at Lake View Studios, we will provisionally book your accommodation, and you can let us know when you are ready to confirm your booking. In most cases we can provisionally hold space until you are ready to confirm, provided that availability still exists. The following policies apply:
- All rates include free high-speed Internet via fiber-optic. Terms and Conditions apply.
- All rates include applicable taxes: VAT, 16%; Tourism Levy, 2%.
- Payment in advance of stay; Extras charged separately.
- Payment guarantees reservation.
- Studio reservation cannot be confirmed before payment is made.
- We accept payment with M-PESA (to Till Number 56024), and with PayPal and major Credit Cards.
- We accept payments online on this secure website, via Direct Pay Online, a platform used by many establishments in Kenya and in other countries.
- We can also send you an Email Transaction link to make payment in order to guarantee your reservation.
- Once you have completed the online payment process you will receive an email confirming your payment.
- We do not accept personal cheques.
- Walk-ins pay in full at check-in for entire stay.
- Variation of stay (shortening or prolonging of stay). Notice has to be given three (3) days in advance (in writing) for early departure or for prolonging the stay.
- Consideration will be given for prolonging stay provided there is availability.
- Cancellations will be in writing.
Cancellations shall be in writing.
The following cancellation fees apply:
- Up to 14 days prior to arrival: 50% due
- Up to 10 days prior to arrival: 75% due
- Less than including 7 days: 100% due
- Lake View Studios shall maintain a register and cause to be entered in the register particulars of every guest, in compliance with legislation under Tourism Act, 2011.
- All guests shall present their Kenya ID or national passport at check-in as well as other relevant information required for the register.
- Guests must be 18 years or older with Kenya ID or national passport to reserve or check in at Lake View Studios.
- Guests without proper ID documents shall not be checked in at Lake View Studios.
- Visitors of guests shall present their Kenya ID or national passport.
- Check-in time: 12:00 – 22:00 hours.
- Check-in earlier or later than indicated period is by prior arrangement only.
- Check-out time: 10:00 – 11:00 hours
- A surcharge may be imposed for late check-out.
Safety and security
- Safety and security at Lake View Studios are assured 24/7.
- Standard safety and security protocols in place include physical security and perimeter control; security checks and controls at points of entry and exit; regular patrols on the perimeter and within the premises in order to detect and prevent intrusion by verifying security of perimeter wall, gates, doors, windows, etc.; secure onsite parking; CCTV cameras in strategic public areas [there are notices that these places are monitored by CCTV]; staff abiding by all relevant company policies and procedures; management and staff abiding by all relevant Government legislation and regulations, including proper registration of all guests, etc.
- Nevertheless, guests are advised to take care of their personal belongings as Lake View Studios do not assume responsibility for personal property lost or damaged that has not been handed over to the office for safe keeping.
- The liability of Lake View Studios in regard to loss of or damage to guests’ property is in compliance with Kenya’s hospitality laws.
Loss of or damage to property of Lake View Studios
- Guests shall be held liable for any loss of or damage to property of Lake View Studios incurred by them.
- The establishment reserves the right to charge guest’s account commensurate to the cost of such loss or damage.
- All Lake View Studios are smoke-free.
- Smoking is absolutely forbidden inside the Studios.
- Smoking is allowed only in the designated outdoor areas.
- Violation of the policy will incur a heavy fine, and in case of repeat violation, the guest(s) will be evicted from Lake View Studios with no refund.
Policy on noise and conduct
- To maintain serene surroundings and especially a quiet and sleep-conducive environment, Lake View Studios have zero tolerance noise policy.
- Lake View Studios will issue a warning to offending guest(s) if there is a noise complaint.
- If there is a second complaint, the offending guest(s) will be evicted from Lake View Studios with no refund.
- There is zero tolerance policy to drunkenness.
- No illegal substances are permitted at iKWETA Safari Camp. A violation will result in immediate expulsion from iKWETA Safari Camp and the involvement of law enforcement.
Acceptable Internet use policies
Lake View Studios provide free Internet connection over fibre optic. There is connectivity in all the Guest Studios and in the outside sitting areas through Wi-Fi. Lake View Studios provides access to Internet to its guests as an amenity to enhance the quality of their stay with us. Guests wishing to use the Internet can request Wi-Fi Access Credentials from the staff. Service is available for one device at a time per registered guest. A guest cannot be issued with several credentials to connect to different devices simultaneously, e.g., to laptop, tablet, phone, etc. All guests wishing to access the Internet over our Network are expected to adhere to Acceptable Internet Use Policies, which include the following:
1) Guest shall not use the Lake View Studios network for unlawful purposes, as defined by Kenya laws, including Computer Misuse and Cybercrimes Act, 2018.
2) Guest shall not interfere with the proper functioning of the Lake View Studios network.
3) Guest shall desist from online activities such as downloading videos and streaming music since these activities can be a significant drain on our available bandwidth.
4) Guest who abuses our fair use policy or violates our establishment’s rules and general guidelines shall be denied further access to our Internet connection and may also be asked to leave Lake View Studios without refund.
- We do not offer printing services onsite; neither do we allow use of our business computers by guests to process their documents, access their mail, etc.
- In the exceptional situation when we accept to print an important document for a guest (that is, a document no longer than five (5) standard pages, e.g., an e-Ticket [electronic air ticket], the guest will be charged a nominal fee for the service.
Lost and found items
Types of lost and found incidents include:
- Mislaid property – the owner has unintentionally left the items behind.
- Lost property – the owner has unintentionally left the items behind, then forgotten them.
- Abandoned property – the items were intentionally left behind by the owner.
A record will be kept for lost and found items and of the efforts by Management and staff to contact and return the items to the owners.
What Lake View Studios will do with abandoned items
- Valuable items will be kept for one (1) month (valuable items include luggage). Lake View Studios will not be held responsible for any missing or damaged items inside the luggage.
- Non-valuable items will be kept for 15 days (non-valuable items include items in paper or plastic bags).
- Perishable items will be kept for 3 days (perishable include food and food items).
Guests may not bring the following into Lake View Studios:
- Pets (except for registered guide dogs).
- Pillows, bed sheets, duvets or other items of bedding.
- Any electrical appliances and/or equipment for heating and/or cooking purposes.